[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Open Music Labs Forums • View topic - [SOLVED]Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

[SOLVED]Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

Re: Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

Postby youthreewire » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:30 am

It worked for quite some time when I connected the probe but now it is not working either if I connect to scope or not. So how shall I debug this?I am getting constant values like 917504 and these values stop coming from the serial port after some time. The serial port gets stuck but the ISR keeps running (as I am blinking an led on pin13). Please let me know.

But there is some other problem. Right now I am getting only 16 bits.I might have to add some more lines in the SPI to get two 16 bits (i.e 32 bits in total for two 16 bit values like lin and rin). My main loop stops spitting out serial port values but he ISR still runs.
youthreewire

Postby guest » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:20 am

can you post your SPI code?

i wouldnt use the serial port at all at this point. it just makes it more dfficult. just do a loopback test to see if it works (rout = rin, etc). also, it stops working if the clock gets out of sync. so make sure that the timer/counter block is working properly. its possible its off by just a bit, goes in and out of sync.
Site Admin

Postby youthreewire » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:04 pm

youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:56 pm

youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:55 pm

I could not match the timing for 44khz,22khz but at 8 khz I am able to match the timing. I am getting the scope plots as below but stil I am not getting any output.
IMG_20150803_121533.jpg
IMG_20150803_121533.jpg (174.36 KiB) Viewed 16403 times
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:36 am

Now I am getting clean values. The problem was that the clock of the codec was at 11mhz and not at 5.5Mhz. Some how the clock was not getting set to 5.5Mhz although you mentioned earlier that that should be the clock.
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 am

I change to 16BIT SPI on the due and I am getting nice plots.
IMG_20150803_141020.jpg
IMG_20150803_141020.jpg (112.9 KiB) Viewed 16403 times
youthreewire

Postby guest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:04 am

excellent, glad its working. i will look into the 11MHz thing.
Site Admin

Postby guest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:06 am

also, have you tuned your scope probes? there seems to be a lot of ringing in those plots. it could be the circuit, or the probes. there should be a square wave source on the scope that you can connect the probe to, and then turn the small trimmer till the ringing goes away.
Site Admin

Postby youthreewire » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:05 pm

No I did not tune the probes but it is working great now. Thank you for your support.
youthreewire

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Codec Shield