XOX(BOX) Trouble shooting

Re: XOX(BOX) Trouble shooting

Postby guest » Thu May 14, 2015 1:31 pm

yes, reassemble everything, and it should work fine now.
Site Admin

Postby spotta » Fri May 15, 2015 6:46 am

We have acid ;)
gonna try and add the x0xIO mods now, but please pm me a personal paypal email address so I can treat you to a bottle of your favourite drink for all your help.
spotta

Postby guest » Fri May 15, 2015 11:50 am

awesome, glad to hear its working. and no need to send me anything, im just happy to help out.
Site Admin

Postby spotta » Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 pm

It was a sincere offer, if anyone had helped me out 1/4 of how you have helped me, I'd have treated them with a nice drink of equivalent to say thanks.
I'll just say Thank you very much then ;)
spotta

Postby spotta » Tue May 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Next question (you knew there'd be more didn't you!) started tuning tonight
With the voltage set to 5.33 I get 1.99 and 2.98 going to R90. in order to get the required 2v & 3v I have to adjust the voltage to 5.37.
I'm going to tune it set to 5.33 for now, I can always adjust. but knowing that I probably will use the CV out for other Osc's what would you recommend?

Also while setting up the low C, High C pattern to generate these voltages I've noticed that the sequencer step LEDs do not match up with the note LEDs, its like the step LEDs are almost a step behind the notes.
hopefully this will help show what I mean https://youtu.be/SimWJGfVuj4
Any ideas?
spotta

Postby guest » Tue May 19, 2015 10:59 pm

i would tune it so the output is 1V/2V etc, if you plan to use it with other synths. but be sure to check your multimeter, and that 1V makes the right sound on your other synths as well. its possible that your meter is slightly out of calibration. another thing to check (and this can be done easily once youve tuned it), is that all of the notes in the sequence are in tune. its possible that the DAC resistors are quite precise enough, so there is a bit of slop in the CV output.

as for the steps being out of step, that would be a firmware issue. i dont know a whole lot about the various firmwares. which one are you running? you can also put the x0x in midi keyboard mode, and turn the pattern knob to make sure the right leds are lighting up (on the very, very odd chance its a hardware thing).
Site Admin

Postby spotta » Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 am

it's running sokkOS 1.9.1
spotta

Postby guest » Wed May 20, 2015 1:28 pm

so, im not too familiar with sokkos. you might want to ask around on the x0x forums at adafruit about that. my guess is that its normal behaviour. all of the leds are digitally addressed, so its really hard for them to get out of sync because of some hardware thing.
Site Admin

Previous

Return to x0x