Desktop, analog control

Desktop, analog control

Postby varthdader » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:52 am

Props to openmusiclabs for such a great idea!

I plan to make a desktop module with my x0x heart.

I would like to control/sequence it via cv/gate. (or midi through a cv/midi converter).

I would like to have as much analog control as possible of it with the option to patch stuff.
Any suggestions as to how to control the digital controls with as much hands on pots/switches as possible?

I am not an electronics expert but know how to follow instructions.

I have soldered sockets to the x0x heart (on the reverse) and labeled all pins to ease my way around. Pots are taken care of with sockets too.
I have a nice psu that outputs 4.9v salvaged from an unused canon printer, and plan to install everything in a desktop case, as close to a sequencer-less 303 as possible. This would ideally include any leds too. I don´t have a 303 so can´t tell what´s needed.
varthdader

Re: Desktop, analog control

Postby guest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 am

a lot of the digital controls are redundant to the pots. for example, the cutoff and envmod controls. but, if you want an analog CV to control them, you will need a CV to PWM converter. i am currently working on a pcb for this, and will post up the schematics when its ready, which will hopefully be in a few weeks. it uses a 555 timer and lm339 comparators, so its pretty straightforward. some of the stuff you can control with toggle switches as well, like accent and slide.
Site Admin

Postby varthdader » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:24 pm

Cool thanks for the info.

Will that pcb be just the scheme, or do you plan to do a pcb/kit sale? Or will it be smd preassembled?
In any case that is good to know.
varthdader

Postby guest » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:56 pm

it will be a pcb, and maybe kit as well, but that is less likely. the parts are so common, i figure most people will have them kicking around.
Site Admin

Return to x0x