Drum mic

Moderator: guest

Drum mic

Postby LSandifer » Wed May 15, 2013 8:07 am

Hello all, I just discovered this site and im wanting to build the BootlegMIC, but im interested in using it as an internal microphone in a drum, a cajon specifically. My question is, will this mic handle the high SPL of being inside a drum? Thanks in advance.
LSandifer

Re: Drum mic

Postby guest » Wed May 15, 2013 5:11 pm

it will probably work, but i cant make any guarantee. it can always be attenuated more by reducing one of the resistors. is the plan to use it with the iphone inside the drum, or to cable it up with a 1/4" jack?
Site Admin

Postby LSandifer » Thu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

My plan was to cable it up to a 1/4 jack, probably use a female mono jack and solder directly to it.
LSandifer

Postby guest » Thu May 16, 2013 4:21 pm

that makes things a bit easier. you will need to externally power it, though. electrets need a bit of power, which the iphone internally provides. the nice thing about providing your own power, is that you can use larger voltage rails and get a larger swing. you can put a 9v battery on it. ive built a bunch of these for my drum kit, and they sounded good. you need to build it up a bit differently than the bootlegmic, though.
Site Admin

Postby kathi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:38 pm

I actually have never tried to film/record anything with my headset plugged in, going to test that asap.
I've got a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc and use the stock camera app. that is installed. I don't think the stock camera uses the external mic or that you can even change settings for it.
You can join us for best C4090-455 practice exam questions - pass4sure We offer up-to-dated VMWARE latest resource Albany State University We offer up-to-dated University of Oxford dumps exam by using Principia College
kathi

Return to BootlegMIC