Handling voice data over serial port

Handling voice data over serial port

Postby youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:54 am

Hello,

I did one test I am sending the left_in data via serial port at 2Mbps from the mega connected to the codec shield to the computer and sending (echoing) it back but it become too noisy and the voice becomes grainy.It appears that there is loss of serial data of the sound. What is the best way to send the sound data to the laptop/dekstop to process it or send it back? Should use a sound card?
youthreewire

Re: Handling voice data over serial port

Postby youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:29 am

Another question is once I have sent the left_in and right_in data over serial port from the arduino to laptop how do I recreate voice back on the laptop.I will listen to the regenerated voice using headphones .I tried to stream the same values back to the codec shield but the sound had lot of noisy and it was grainy. So is there a library to regenerate sound on the laptop? Please let me know.
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:36 am

The simple question is how do I reconstruct voice back on the laptop with the stream mic values left_in and right_in?
youthreewire

Postby guest » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:57 am

i am not sure how to do streaming audio data playback on a computer, but you can take your incoming data, and use it to create a .WAV file, and play that file on the computer. it might be possible to just keep adding the incoming data to the end of the file, so it plays conitinuously.
Site Admin

Return to Audio Codec Shield