[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Open Music Labs Forums • View topic - [SOLVED]Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

[SOLVED]Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

Re: Audio codec shield with Arduino Due

Postby youthreewire » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 am

youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:19 pm

I found the problem. The moment I put this function the ISR does not respond.
temp_spi[0] = SPI.transfer(10,highByte(temp),SPI_CONTINUE);

May be doing the transfer in the ISR is difficult, may be there isnt enough time for it. So how did you handle this in the maple?

Ranjan
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 pm

youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:59 am

I did one thing. Instead of putting the SPI.transfer( ) calls in the ISR I put in the main loop and when the Due encounters it the main loop it just hangs.So what is going wrong with the SPI here?(I have posted my code).
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:27 am

youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:48 am

Theoretically if I just put the SPI.transfer calls in the main loop after setting the codec into DSP mode via I2C ,I should be able to read the values over SPI. I understand that the clock for SPI transfer is from the codec to Due which handles an interrupt and in the interrupt the SPI calls should be there but even without that if just keep polling SPI continuously in the loop we should still be able to read the left_in and right_in over SPI. But I am not able to pass the SPI data or read it.
youthreewire

Postby youthreewire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 am

IMG_20150708_172439.jpg
IMG_20150708_172439.jpg (87.01 KiB) Viewed 7670 times

The above graph is SS pin wave. The wave width is 20 us. The frequency is 19Khz. So why am I not able to read SPI data. The graph above is for SPI calls not synced with CLKOUT from the codec in the ISR.
youthreewire

Postby guest » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:28 am

the spi transfer needs to happen at the exact same time, every time. it can not be off, even by a single (codec) clock cycle, or it wont work. this is why it needs to be in the interrupt, so the timing is perfect. the SS pin needs to have a width of 1 SPI clock, and it needs to happen at the first SPI clock. it also needs to be at 44.1KHz. please have a look at the datasheet for the codec, as it has a picture of exactly what this should look like.
Site Admin

Postby youthreewire » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:56 pm

But if I put the SPI.transfer function in the ISR. The ISR gets stuck and the micro-controller does not respond. What should be the speed of SPI (i.e frequency)?
youthreewire

Postby guest » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

SPI should be set to something relatively fast. it doesnt matter exactly what it is. between 4MHz and 8MHz should be fine. look at it on the scope, and make sure its finishing its transfer before the next interrupt should occur.
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Codec Shield