Additional potentimeters

Additional potentimeters

Postby rompelstilchen » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

hello,

i saw the demo page
but i want to know if it is possible to add potentiometers to the a.c. shield
or is it possible to send custom command data to the shield from arduino

it is to create a stompbox, so i need more pot's

(no, i am not interested in the stomp shield cos it does pwm output and i dont want that)

thx
rompelstilchen

Re: Additional potentimeters

Postby guest » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm

the hardware allows for 2 more pots, but i will have to check if there is code written to access them. i think i may have done that at some point, but cant remember. so it is possible, but might take a bit of fixing the library.

what do you mean by sending custom command data? it can accept external serial, but both the SPI and I2C buses are used by the codec, so data can not come in that way.
Site Admin

Postby guest » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 pm

also, sorry for our forums not working quite right. if it says there was an error, there actually wasnt, and you can just go back to the previous page. reloading the page puts another post in. hopefully we will get this fixed.
Site Admin

Postby irag12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 am

you should be able to do that, although first check the write rate of your SD card. fill up a buffer, and time how long it takes to write it to the SD card. or even better, write 10 buffers worth, and see how long that takes. im suspecting there is some downtime between buffers. you can use millis() to measure this time. my concern is that data will come in faster than you can write it out.
irag12

Return to Audio Codec Shield