Additional potentimeters

Additional potentimeters

Postby rompelstilchen » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 pm

hello,

i saw the demo page
but i want to know if it is possible to add potentiometers to the a.c. shield
or is it possible to send custom command data to the shield from arduino

it is to create a stompbox, so i need more pot's

(no, i am not interested in the stomp shield cos it does pwm output and i dont want that)

thx
rompelstilchen

Re: Additional potentimeters

Postby rompelstilchen » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:51 am

anyone?
rompelstilchen

Postby guest » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 am

i replied to one of the other identical posts (our forums are a bit busted, and are doing multiple posts sometimes).

you can do up to 4 potentiometers (2 more). im not sure if the library has support right now, but that shouldnt be too hard to add. as for sending data to it, that is possible as well, but only over serial. both i2c and spi are used by the codec.
Site Admin

Postby rompelstilchen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:32 pm

why does dsp requires a codec ?
rompelstilchen

Postby guest » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:47 pm

DSP requires something to convert the audio signal (in analog form) into a digital signal so it can be processed by the computer. then it needs something to convert the singal back to analog so it can be amplified and heard. anything that does this encoding-decoding is techinically a codec (coder/decoder). but, when people talk about codecs, they are usually referring to a specific piece of hardware that does this task. so although you need something that acts like a codec, you dont necessarily need a special piece of hardware. you can just use the analog to digital converter on the microcontroller, and PWM out. our stompshield does this quite well. a codec just gives better resolution and less distortion.
Site Admin

Return to Audio Codec Shield