Equalizer using Arduino Due

Re: Equalizer using Arduino Due

Postby guest » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:51 am

thats a goldmine. awesome!

there are a lot of functions in there, but you can pick some out and start adding them to your files and see if they compile. i would aim to get the I2C (TWI) working first. that doesnt require the DMA, and you can test it by having the codec toggle between pass-through mode and off mode.
Site Admin

Postby rup » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Ok, first step, done.

The TWI interface works. I found also a library which allows you to change a lot of settings very easily.

https://github.com/hughpyle/machinesale ... ter/WM8731

it is very complete, but, there is a very little mistake: somewhere in the library, there is a "Wire.send", replace it by "Wire.write" and it works for the due.

So now, I have this (TAIJIUINO (DUE equivalent)+PROTO BOARD from Mikroe):

This table explains the wiring I will use for the audio interface: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/278 ... inning.txt

The TWI inteface is connected to pin 20-21 on the DUE.

Now, I have to set up the audio interface, but I don't know where to start... between dma and ssc...
rup

Postby guest » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:36 am

great job!

i would say the ssc is the next thing to get going. you might just try adding the other library you found, and seeing if it compiles. otherwise you can dig into the .c files and see what the actual register settings are. the first thing to do is just get the direction on the io lines correct. i think setting up the wm8731 as ssc master would probably be the way to go.
Site Admin

Postby rup » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:38 am

hey,

I didn't find out how to use the ssc library and exemples with the arduino IDE, so I moved to atmel studio 6.1.
I found how to compile exemples from atmel software frameworks, and upload them using bossa:
https://sites.google.com/site/arduinodu ... tudio/home

With this tool, you can use atmel studio environment and tools, and directly upload to the due, so it is perfect to start trying some stuff. Programming works, the due responds via serial, now I will try how to see how to set up the ssc.
rup

Postby guest » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 am

cool!

does atmel studio6.1 have a bootloader it uses, or do you need external hardware, like a jtag dongle? if so, which jtag thing are you using.
Site Admin

Postby rup » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:17 am

I don't have any issues with bootloader.
I used the method described by the link in my last post, and It works.

The upload is done with the usual on-board programmer (So it is impossible to do ICD).
rup

Postby Vega » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:32 am

Hey, great work rup. As I'm an absolute beginner I've got a few questions for you if don't mind answering them :) You made you're own codec shield using the WM8731? Have you got an eagle file for that or a schematic?

And where does the mikroe proto board come into the mix?
You are programming your filters using the atmel environment?

Any other information would be of great help :)

Thanks for your time
Vega

Postby rup » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:59 am

Hi!

My aim is to finally build my own shield, but at the moment, I am working with the Mikroe Audio codec proto board, which is more convenient to start. If you want to, I think you can do this very easily, using the eagle file from open music labs, and modify it. Schematics for the wm8731 is in the datasheet.

My filters are writen in C, in arduino IDE.

I was trying to use atmel studio beacause of the ssc, which is unknown from arduino community, but, finally, I came back to the arduino IDE, and imported from atmel studio the needed libraries.

If you check my previous posts, you will find some more information, but ask me if you need something else.

Right now, I am trying to make dma and ssc working, but it is not easy...
At the moment, I took and adapted the exemple file (play a wav) found in Atmel Software FrameWork, but i didn't reached to make it work yet.
rup

Postby rup » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:08 am

Hi !

I am back. I was travelling lasts months, that's why I wasn't active here.

I found something new to go forward for those who are interrested.

The problem of the ssc communication is allmost solved. A guy wrote a library that allows to transmit audio in I2S with the due via the ssc.

You can find it here :https://github.com/delsauce/ArduinoDueHiFi

I wrote a test code, but unfortunately (but as usual), it's not working at the first try. I have to verify that the wm8731 setup is fully correct for data transmission.
But I have no scope, so it is not easy to find the mistake.

I'll tell you as soon as I make this work.
rup

Postby Palliser » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Hello rup!
I would like to know about your progress with the WM8731 audio codec example and Arduino Due. Can you play back a wav file? Thank you!
Palliser

Previous

Return to Audio Codec Shield