[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Open Music Labs Forums • View topic - Feeding delayed output back into input.

Feeding delayed output back into input.

Re: Feeding delayed output back into input.

Postby ArcAttack » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:47 pm

ArcAttack

Postby guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 pm

i just ran your code, and it worked. i had to comment out the #include <mult>'s a the top, and im not sure why. i think it has to do with the library structure on my computer.

im using an Duelimanove and arduino-00022. i will try it with arduino1.0, and see if i can round up an UNO to try it with as well. what platforms are you using?
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm

ok, so it doesnt work with arduino1.0. i will figure out why. i never transitioned to 1.0 because it was more bloated and buggy than 0022.
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 pm

the problem is somehwere in serial.available(). if you get rid of the serial.available() line and just send the data out, then it should work. the arduino1.0 serial code uses interrupts, and blocks the codecshield, so the audio quality drops. i will look into why serial.available() messes with it. there are work arounds for the audio quality if you need that as a permanent feature, but if youre just using it for debugging, then its probably not worth it.
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 pm

very strange. i put a serial.read() command into the loop, and then it worked. i think serial.avaialble() doesnt do anything unless there is something setup to read the data bytes. serial.available() is a function which returns the number of bytes waiting on the incoming receive buffer. so perhaps the receive buffer isnt bothered with if there isnt anything to read the data, and therefore it always returns 0.
Site Admin

Postby ArcAttack » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:13 am

well, after futzing about it for a while, i got the codec shield working with the mega, and with your tweaks the usb serial monitor works fine. Thanks again for all your help!

P.S.

do you know a guy named Chris Hatfield?
ArcAttack

Postby guest » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am

wow, congrats on getting it working with the mega. was there anything extra you had to do, that isnt documented in the mega thread? it would be good info for others.

i dont think i know chris hatfield.
Site Admin

Postby ArcAttack » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:12 pm

ArcAttack

Postby ArcAttack » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:29 pm

ArcAttack

Postby guest » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 am

it doesnt seem like our forums have a pm system. if you want, i can set aside a time where we both can post at the same time to the forums. the delay should be pretty small.
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Audio Codec Shield