[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Open Music Labs Forums • View topic - "zipper noise"

"zipper noise"

"zipper noise"

Postby loss1234 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

I am getting quite a bit of zippering/ strange audio distortion
on the sketches which use pots to control delay time. This makes the sketches pretty much unusable in any case where I want to change values in real-time.

Mark of Open Music Labs had told me in an email that he knew the cause of this problem and had a workaround for it
which involved changing the oversampling on the ADC channels.

So..I was wondering if we could get his added to the forum or to the sketch library?

thanks
loss1234

Re: "zipper noise"

Postby guest » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:15 pm

i remember coming across this problem in the microdec
it sounded fine when increasing delay time
but had a zipper noise when reducing delay times
this was due to chopping off data

the fix was to walk through the samples at a fixed rate
i will see if i can implement that here

i tried adjusting the hysterisis and oversample values
and that didnt help out any